Your furnace is an important appliance which you are dependent on to keep your home heated during the Fall and Winter months. While your furnace is somewhat of a workhorse that functions dependably over a long period of time, it does require regular maintenance to ensure optimal performance. Additionally, malfunctioning equipment and the threat of gas leaks pose a hazard to your home and family, so scheduling annual furnace and duct cleaning are highly recommended.
Why It’s Good to Plan Ahead
Not surprisingly, the Fall months tend to be our busiest, as this is the time when most homeowners consider their heating needs. For this reason, scheduling a maintenance appointment can take several weeks.
Sudden drops in temperature, which are common in Edmonton and surrounding areas, may force you to turn on your furnace earlier than expected. A furnace that is not in optimal working order can increase monthly gas bills due to lack of efficiency or quickly malfunction, leaving you exposed to the cold.
Spring or Fall Furnace Maintenance?
When scheduling an appointment, we recommend choosing a Spring appointment instead of waiting for the Fall. The main benefit of an earlier appointment is that you are less likely to have to wait for service.
Additionally, early furnace and duct cleaning allow us to identify problems before they happen, so you are not left without heat for any period of time.
How to Prepare Your Home for Winter Season
We all know the importance of inspecting our doors and windows for leaks, sweeping the chimney, turning off outside faucets, and padding pipes in unheated areas. But what about your furnace and the duct system throughout your home? Does it really need servicing? Without routine servicing, your furnace can still function, but efficiency is lost, and the potential for expensive repairs increases.
Benefits of Annual Furnace Cleaning
Regular cleaning is recommended for several reasons:
- It reduces energy bills by ensuring your furnace is able to work at maximum efficiency.
- Furnace cleaning involves cleaning all of the components that are inside the unit. As dirt and grime build up inside the furnace, this negatively impacts the air quality in your home.
- Limit the potential for furnace breakdowns by having it checked and serviced before the cold season begins.
- Your furnace is probably one of the most expensive appliances you own in your home, so regular servicing can prolong the life of this investment.
- When you purchase a new furnace, many manufacturers will only honour your warranty if routine maintenance has been conducted.
Air Duct Cleaning for Cleaner Air
Your air ducts are an integral part of the delivery system for your furnace, so maintaining them is important. In the same way that dirt and dust accumulate on all of the surfaces within your home, it also collects within the air duct system.
With the forced air system blowing air out through the registers and drawing the air back into the system through multiple intake vents, contaminated air is circulated and re-circulated indefinitely. Regular cleaning of your ducts offers multiple benefits, including:
- Reducing the levels of dirt and debris that are circulating in your home.
- Eliminating pet dander, powdery mildew, and mould that can also be housed within the duct system.
- Removing allergens that exacerbate symptoms from allergies and asthma.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
The dryer vent can easily become clogged with lint and other debris that accumulates from regular laundry cycles throughout the year. Regular cleaning helps to improve your dryer’s efficiency by removing obstructions that impact your dryer’s performance.
Carpet Cleaning for Better Health
Indoor carpeting can host a range of contaminants within its fibres. Dust, debris, and pet dander are attracted to carpeting, so regular cleaning and sanitizing will provide a cleaner atmosphere for you and your family during the winter months.
Additionally, cleaning your carpets regularly helps to increase their longevity. The look of your carpet is also improved as professional cleaners are often able to remove embedded stains.
Furnace Cleaning in Edmonton, AB
Your furnace is a valuable appliance in your home and deserves regular cleaning. Call us at Clean Air Solutions to book your appointment to get your furnace serviced and your air ducts cleaned before the cold weather sets in.